We hope that your family has been enjoying the summer. With August packets recently being mailed, we are receiving some questions regarding the Parent Portal and how to properly create parent accounts. The Parent Portal provides parents the ability to create their own usernames and passwords, while linking each one of their children to one account. Prior to logging into the Parent Portal, parents need to create an account if you have not done so in the previous school year . To provide clarification, please follow these steps:
Please use the "Parent Portal: Single Sign-On Account Creation" handout as a guide to create your account. You can find a copy of these directions online here. This was mailed to each parent.
The steps are as follows:
1. Visit www.qcsd.org and click on "Parent Portal".
2. Click on the "Create Account" button.
3. Add your parent information at the top by providing the relevant information for the account you are creating.
Under the "Link Students to Account Section":
1. Type the Student's Name in the "Student Name" box.
Then, pull out the Web ID Letter that contains your parent account username and password that was sent home in the mailing. (There is a large QCSD logo at the top of the letter.) Please note, when creating a parent account, please use the information found on the top (parent) portion of this letter, and NOT the student information that may print at the bottom of the letter.
2. Add the Access ID by typing in the Username located on the Web ID Letter.
3. Add the Access Password by typing in the Password located on the Web ID Letter.
4. Choose your relationship to the child(ren). Example: 'mother'
5. Add any additional students by following the same procedure.
6. Click "Enter".
Your account has now been created. You will then use your new username and password to access the Parent Portal.
Enjoy the rest of your summer,