When teachers learn with and from one another, they can focus on what most directly improves student learning. Their professional learning becomes more relevant, focused on teachers' classroom work, and aligned to fill gaps in student learning.
Reading Specialist Coaches will promote:
- Ownership of the learning process
- Student and teacher reflection
- Collaboration with peers
- Using data to inform instruction
- Research-based classroom strategies
- Exploration of instructional methodologies that are appropriate for the students they serve