Apple Child Care ServicesThe Child Care Information Services (CCIS) of Bucks County, also known as Apple Child Care Services, is the subsidized child care agency for Bucks County. Eligible parents can have their child care subsidized through the CCIS/ Apple, made possible by a grant from the Department of Human Services. Below is some information on the program, as well as information on how to apply.
Here's how it works:
- Apply to the program by calling 1-800-371-2109 and ask for an application or click on the link above to access a printable application. We will collect some information regarding family size and income from you and let you know if you may be eligible. You can also apply on the PA COMPASS website.
- Fill out the application and send it in. Once you receive an application, you should fill it out in its entirety (in addition to the signed and dated application, we ask for some other documents such as proof of employment and any other income you may receive).
- We will conduct an eligibility determination. We will let you know if you are eligible within 30 days. We may request additional documentation, depending on your situation.
- If you are eligible, you get to choose whatever child care provider you prefer. If you do not have one already or are unhappy with their service, we can assist you in locating and selecting a QUALITY child care provider that meets your needs.
- Wait on the Waiting List. Occasionally, we may have to maintain a Waiting List due to not having funds immediately available. As children leave the program and funds become free, we will notify you on a first-come first-served basis.
- Pay a co-payment in lieu of child care expenses. Once you come off the Waiting List and are enrolled, you are assigned a weekly co-payment in lieu of your child care expenses. The co-payment is paid each week to that participating child care provider and Apple will pay an allowable reimbursement rate, which, in most cases, is the remainder of the child care payments. PLEASE NOTE: Some providers may charge more that what Apple pays and as a result, you may be charged the difference by your provider. It is best to ask your provider about these charges beforehand.
- You should note that we will not start paying until you are officially eligible and are notified that payment will begin. We are not responsible for any child care costs incurred prior to your eligibility or funds becoming available.
To be eligible for the subsidy program, you must:
- Have a need for child care;
- Live in Bucks County, Pennsylvania;
- Actively work a minimum of 20 hours per week, or be in an education program for 10 hours and working a minimum of 10 hours.
- Not exceed certain income limits, based on the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
The CCIS of Bucks County/ Apple Child Care is located at:
CCIS of Bucks County/ Apple Child Care
70 West Oakland Avenue
Doylestown, PA 18901
FAX: (215) 348-9397
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
Child Care Information Helpline
- Provides information on locating and paying for childcare and working with providers.
- Phone Number: 1-877-4PA-KIDS (1-877-472-5437)
Last Modified on February 18, 2016